Well…it’s done. I finished up the final application of Flex Coat Lite yesterday evening. I did not thin this final coat with anything. I have to say, the Lite build is my favorite finish that I’ve used so far. I’m even considering using it on a (gasp) bamboo blank that I’ve been sitting on.
I figured out about three guides in how to properly chase the air out from under my wraps. I’ll be paying close attention to that on my next build.
I’m pretty happy overall with the way it turned out. Now I just have to go fish it. Hopefully by next week I’ll have a decent report on how it casts and more importantly, how it protects tippets with a trout on the other end.